If you want to get started on Twitter, then you have little choice but to open a Twitter account. Twitter is all about following other people so that they follow you back and you simply cannot do this if you do not open an account. And don’t worry if you’re a beginner or know nothing about technology because it is actually a very easy process.
The one thing you do need to sign up is an email account. If you don’t have one, then get one from one of the big email providers such as Hotmail or Gmail.
Once you’ve got an email, go to Twitter.com, which is the home page of Twitter.
Then follow the instructions below to sign up:
1. Click on the “Sign up now” button, which should have a green color.
2. Enter your Full Name, Username, Password and Email Address. Remember that the Username must be unique and can only be 15 characters long. You can only use letters, numbers and underscore. (Tip: choose a name which describes your interests. For example, if you love cars, you may choose something like Car_Lover if that is still available, bottom line, try to incorporate keywords in your name so people are find you)
3. Type in the words you see in the box (this is just to verify that you’re human) and click on “Create My Account”
4. You will then be sent to a page where you add people in your network according to the email address in your address book. Click on “Skip”
5. Click on “Skip” again to bypass the page where Twitter recommends certain people to follow.
6. You should now be at the home page of your brand new Twitter account.
As you can see, it’s a relatively easy and straightforward process to open a Twitter account. In fact, if you do it once yourself, then you become more than capable to do it again and teach others to do it too. Knowing how to open a Twitter account can certainly open new doors of possibility to you and others.